About Our Organization
Recognizing the need for sustainable community development through coalitions, Alliance for Integrated development- Nepal (AID- Nepal) was established in 2006 by a group of well- qualified and experienced development experts, researchers and academicians. Its main aim is to improve the sustainable livelihood of poor and disadvantage through community based demand driven programs.
Creation of interdependent, harmonious and self- reliant communities in fulfilling their basic needs.
To uplift the existing standard life of target community with the tools which are acceptable and applicable at local level.
Design and implement the community based development initiatives that are socially acceptable, economically sound and technically feasible.
The main objectives of AID-Nepal is to support local community for improving their socio-economic, environmental conditions and capacity building for sustainable development. Following are the specific objectives on areas of AID- Nepal in:
- Carryout basic education, health, child development and women empowerment activities for poor and excluded in fostering sustainable livelihood.
- Establish the healthy environment of the society through the eradication of ill practice and culture taboos.
- Use the local knowledge, skills, experience in the development endeavours internalizing local norms and values.
- Consolidate the scattered form of sustainable livelihood capitals in one place.
- Disseminate the importance of reproductive health and child education at local level.
- Support in carrying out water and sanitation activities.
- Provide necessary technical supports for the continuity and sustainability of the community based development endeavours.
- Implement income generation activities for improved economic development of the communities.
- Provide necessary infrastructures for the communities through networking and coordination among the like minded organisations (CBOs, Gos, and private sector.)
- Reduce the environmental pollution through the adoption of renewable energy technologies (RETs).
- Conduct awareness activities for forest and environmental conservation.
- Assist communities for soil conversation and watershed management.
- Mobilise the local people for mitigating landslide and flood.
- Manage biotic factors responsible for pollution scientifically.
- Promote the new technologies like Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for increasing agriculture productivity.
- Land degradation and international waters.
- Impart awareness and skill development trainings.
- Organise the workshops and seminars as per the need.
- Carryout assessment of the emerging development issues through experience and expertise sharing in interactions and meetings.
- Increase the knowledge and skill of CBOs and local NGOs through study and exposure tours.
- Through PRA, Participatory Learning and Action (PLA) and Participatory Vulnerability Analysis (PVA), identify and prioritize the needs of the communities.
- Advocacy and campaigning for alliance building for synergy for accessing the resource and its mobilization from the responsible agencies.
- Organize awareness raising training and workshop on sustainable development and build the capacity of local level officials, leaders, CBO members and community activists to enhance the integration of environmental, social and economic dimensions in planning and programme implementation.
- Provide input on community development, people’s participation, human rights, peace, governance, gender and disadvantaged groups, etc.
- Facilitate institutional strengthening of local communities.
- Maintain the highest possible professional standards in all the works it carries out.
- Transfer specialized knowledge and experience to those who are involved in the country’s development.
- Provide on-the-job training and carry out action research for replication in new areas.
- Ensure inputs from all relevant stakeholders in the activities undertaken through their meaningful participation in the project cycle management.
- Share the resources among the target communities in an equitable, accountable and transparent manner.
- Working with government and non- government agencies, media and civil societies to ensure political neutrality abiding by the principle of ‘DO No Harm’.
- Social mobilization and awareness programme including advocacy and lobbying for right holders on human rights, child rights, dalit rights and rights of the indigenous people.
- Fair democratic and governance system and local initiatives for strengthening community harmony in contributing to peace process.
- Gender development with gender sensitive training and awareness including campaigns against trafficking of persons.
- Soil conservation and wetland management.
- Adoption of renewable energy technologies such as bio-gas, solar, improved water mills, improved cooking stoves, micro-hydro etc in the rural and urban communities.
- Disaster management.
- Water and sanitation programme.
- Integrated Agriculture Development Programme.
- Action research and studies on integrated community development programmes.
- Research and study
- RET intervention ICS, Biogas, Solar
- Conducted since more than two decades various training in development sectors such as proposal writing, financial & management, PRA, indigenous & Social Inclusion, social mobilized & entrepreneurship.
Value and Guiding principles:
- Enhance democratic norms and values within the organisation and programmes.
- Promote environment free of discrimination, domination, exploitation and oppression of the human being.
- Treat the poor and excluded in an empathetic manner as equal citizens of the country.
- Maintain transparency, accountability and responsiveness in work.
- Honour local belief, culture, sentiments and experience.
The executive committee(EC), elected by the AID- Nepal, provides overall policy direction and guidance in respect of overall management and implementation of the projects. The EC seeks necessary advice and supports its partners and well wishers from time to time. The General Assembly (GA) of promoters is the apex body of the organization which provides overall guidance to the organization. The GA comprises representatives from various levels of members: organizational, active, life founding and honorary. It also approves the annual plans and programs including financial progress. The GA elects the members for EC. The Advisory Committee makes policy decisions and provides strategic directions.
Partners and Donors:
AID Nepal has been collaborating with many organizations nad works with them as the partner and collaborator to carryout social and economic enhancement activities for the communities. These include Cos, NGOs and bilateral and multi-lateral organisations including. Province, DCO, VDC, DADO, DLSO, DFO of government Agency and UNDP/ GEF/SGP, AEPC/ GON, NLCC, CCO. In collaboration with RGG, NEDCO and IRDC.etc
- Equator Prize, certificate of Achievement Awarded to AID- Nepal in recognition of outstanding success in promoting local sustainable development solution for people nature and resilient communities, awarded by equator initiative/ UNDP on the occasion of 69th UN general assembly at new York city on 22 September 2014
- Awarded for securing second position in presentation, outstanding achievement and display competition during learning cum Review workshop organized by IRDC in co operation with UNDP/ GEF/ SGP during 06-08 Jan 2012 at Pokhara Nepal.